If you want to buy something expensive, you might need to save for it. Use piggy banks to save money.
In Firefly, a piggy bank works as follows:
- You create a piggy bank with a name, a target amount and the asset account on which you store the money you’re saving.
- You can add the “available” money on the asset account to the piggy bank.
- You can also remove money from a piggy bank of course.
- One asset account may be used for many piggy banks.
For example: an asset account with 1000,- on it is used for three piggy banks:
- A new digital camera
- Emergency fund
- Upcoming car maintenance.
The first piggy bank has just 50,- in it. The emergency fund piggy bank is at 500,-. And the car maintenance piggy bank has 300,- in it. This leaves 150,- free for yet another piggy bank or for other purposes.